Let’s see if you are likely to qualify. There are three basic eligibility requirements that a person must meet: age, the need for our personal care services and low to moderate incomes. Even if you currently live in a rehab or nursing home now, you may still qualify.
- You must be at least 60 years old.
- You must need and want help with at least two of the assisted living services we offer at The Residences at Kenilworth Park. They include activities of daily living, or ADLs, which could be bathing, dressing, eating, help with your medication, toileting or transferring. This will be determined by your doctor and then through an assessment process.
- The Residences at Kenilworth Park was proudly built specifically for seniors with somewhat low or very low income to create the first affordable option for senior care in Ward 7 through the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program.
- If your total income is below $30,276. per year and if you do not have countable assets of more than $4,000, you may be able to get help from DC Medicaid through a program called the Elderly and Persons with Physical Disabilities Waiver (EPD Waiver). Once enrolled in the Waiver, Medicaid will cover the monthly fees for the cost of services, and you will pay for your room and board. Generally, most people with only social security as income will have enough money to pay for their room and board if they qualified for EPD.
- Those with higher incomes, even if they own a home or have assets, may still qualify for a discount if they meet the other criteria, as we offer discounts through our Tax Credit status. We can help you figure out of you qualify.
If you feel you may qualify, contact us here and we will help you with the process.
Approximately 500 Square Feet
Approximately 350 Square Feet